Homemade Cat Paw Chocolate Coated "Magnum" Vegan Ice Cream
Isn't this super cute? And it tastes even better than it looks! Vegan, dairy-free chocolate coating on the outside and creamy coconut yogurt on the inside. There are just a few steps you would need to take to make these.
1 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips (I like to use Enjoy Life Foods chocolates, which are completely dairy-free)
1/4 cup of light olive oil
1/2 cup of coconut yogurt (you can use other vegan yogurts like soy yogurt or even heavier use coconut cream for the extra creaminess)
1 tbsp of 100% pure maple syrup
Any ice cream molds will do. Mine was the shape of a cat paw.
1) Make sure to melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 2 mins, or you can do it over a pot of boiling water for approximately 8-10 mins.
2) Add the oil into the chocolate mixture. Stir well with a spatula.
3) The chocolate mixture will now become more of a glaze consistency which is easy to pour into the molds.
4) Pour a layer of chocolate mixture into the ice cream molds until the thickness is of about 0.3cm.
5) Place the molds into the freezer for about 5 mins to set and harden.
6) Next, you would need to prepare the coconut yogurt and maple syrup. Combine them together while waiting for the chocolates to set.
7) Add the coconut mixture into the chocolate molds till it is about 4/5 filled. You want to leave some room for the top and last chocolate coating.
8) Transfer to the freezer section for about 1 hour to set. In the meantime, place the chocolate mixture aside for later use.
9) Once the coconut yogurt is set and slightly harden, pour the leftover chocolate glaze mixture on top to fully cover the yogurt.
10) Use a cling plastic wrap to cover the ice creams, so there is not ice formation.
11) Place in freezer for 3-4 hours before serving.